3500 East TC Jester Blvd, Suite G | Houston, TX 77018
Registration requires the completion of a registration form, payment of registration fee, and your signature on our enrollment agreement. By signing this form you are acknowledging that you understand your monthly tuition charges and procedures for discontinuing classes.
Registration @ Houston Dance Works
Your first tuition installment is due at the time of registration. The subsequent tuition installments are due in full on the 1st calendar day of every month. Tuition payments may be paid by check or through our online portal. You may pay by check in person or by mailing to:
Houston Dance Works
P.O. Box 925061
Houston, Texas 77292
Please take note to include your child’s name in the Memo section of your check and what your check covers (i.e. – Aug 2011 Tuition and Registration for Mary Doe.)
Tuition is the same each month and does not change due to holidays. Our tuition is divided into 10 equal installments. We add the tuition for the year and divide the total by 10 to determine our tuition installments. Tuition will not be refunded, credited, or prorated in the case of absence(s).
Students enrolling after the start of the year different amount for their first installment. From the date of enrollment, we look at the cost of classes for the remainder of the season for a student and subtract the remaining tuition to be paid throughout the season. If the cost of classes for the remainder of the season is greater than the remaining tuition to be paid, the student will have a Tuition Remainder Charge added to the first installment; if less, the student will have a credit subtracted from the first installment. We do this to ensure tuition is fair for all and students are only charged for classes from the point of enrollment.
After completing the class registration and checkout process online or registering in person, families who register after the beginning of the dance season may see an additional charge on their account ledger within 48 hours for the prorated tuition difference. This prorated difference must be paid by the due date of the family's next tuition installment.
Tuition not paid by the 1st of the month is subject to a $5 late fee. If tuition is not paid by the 15th of the month, the dancer will not be allowed to return to class and unless tuition has been paid with an additional $10 late fee. After the 15th, the student's enrollment will be dropped, and the family will need to complete the registration process again to return to class.
There will be a $30 service charge for any returned check. Checks must be picked up at the studio office with repayment in cash or money order with the $30 service charge included.
Tuition may be mailed to the studio address. Please make sure the name of the student(s) and what the payment covers is written clearly on the check.
Tuition @ Houston Dance Works
If you know in advance you will miss a class, please notify us. We will be able to inform you of the availability of another class in which you may make up the missed class. No special classes will be scheduled for make-ups. We strongly encourage that students miss no more than two classes per semester.
Missed Classes @ Houston Dance Works
For a season, considered August to May, notice to withdraw from any class must be submitted by the last day of the month prior to withdrawal in order to stop tuition for the next month. (For example, if you would like to cancel enrollment in November, please contact the office prior to October 31st) Failure to do so will make you liable for the next subsequent months’ tuition. Also, be aware that re-enrollment will require the payment of another registration fee unless arrangements have been made in advance for special cases such as illness, etc. In addition, the student's enrollment will be terminated by Houston Dance Works four consecutive classes are missed without prior notice. Parents will be responsible for any and all tuition up to the date that the student's enrollment is terminated. As the summer session is made in one payment, a student is deemed enrolled once registered and tuition is paid.
Withdrawal Policy @ Houston Dance Works
1. Arrive five minutes prior to the class start time.
2. No chewing gum in class.
3. No food or drink allowed inside the classroom (bottled water only).
4. Please throw away any trash you may have in the receptacle.
5. Jewelry is not allowed during class.
6. Please turn off cell phones when entering the classroom.
7. Dress appropriately per the attire description (Dress Code.) Students not properly dressed will not be allowed to participate in their class on that day. Please wear a cover-up when entering and exiting the studio
8. Dance shoes are not to be worn outside, except for special performances. Outside shoes are not to be worn in the dance rooms.
9. Parents of children under four years old should come near the dance room at the end of class to take them home. Please reinforce to your children that if you are not there at the end of class to stay with their teacher. We will take him or her into our next class with us.
10. Be respectful and courteous to everyone including staff and other students.
11. Running is not allowed. Dancers must be extra cautious while wearing tap shoes.
12. Each parent is responsible for his or her child at any community event.
13. No one is allowed in the dance room without an instructor who is prepared to start class.
14. Cover-ups - The only cover-ups allowed during class are ballet skirts. Tutus, T-shirts and baggy shorts are not allowed. However, cover-ups are encouraged when entering and leaving the studio.
15. Please make sure your dancer goes to the restroom before class.
16. Dancer's hair should be pulled away from his or her face. A bun should be worn for ballet, but a ponytail may be worn in all other classes
17. Follow other rules set by HDW staff
The Houston Dance Works does not cover medical insurance for its students. Students must be carried by their own families’ insurance policies. If an injury occurs, the parents and guardians understand that your policy is your only source of reimbursement.
Classroom Rules & Guidelines @ Houston Dance Works
The registration fee is $30 per student or $50 per family. If you register for our summer session, we will waive the registration fee for the fall/spring semesters.
Tuition is due at the 1st of every calendar month. A $5 late fee is assessed if tuition is not paid by the first calendar day of the month, including holidays. If tuition is not paid by the 15th of the month, the dancer will not be allowed to return to class unless tuition has been paid with an additional $10 late fee. If a student's enrollment has been dropped, the family will need to pay another registration fee to reenroll the student
Fees @ Houston Dance Works
© 2014 Houston Dance Works | All Rights Reserved.